ISKCON Prison Ministry
IPM stands for ISKCON Prison Ministry
Volunteers accomplish this by:
- Writing inmates and establishing spiritual relationships,
- Distributing Srila Prabhupada’s books to inmates and prison libraries,
- Providing inmates with Back to Godhead magazines, japa beads, and other devotional items,
- Assisting inmate in securing vegetarian diets, and
- Providing devotee association by visiting inmates in the prisons.
Mission of IPM
- The mission of IPM is to spread Lord Caitanya's mercy to the fallen souls of Kali-yuga who find themselves within a prison of the prison house of the material world.
- IPM volunteers should display and encourage the qualities of compassion, humility, tolerance, steadfastness, sincerity, and courteousness.
- Volunteers should give prompt replies that never compromise the philosophy of Krishna consciousness while avoiding unnecessary tension/arguments arising from other faiths or philosophies.
- The relationships that volunteers and inmates build are strictly on a spiritual basis. IPM's only responsibility is to promote Krishna consciousness.
- The transcendental knowledge that volunteers pass along comes with responsibility. We will not abandon sincere inmates and we will assist them in continuing their practice upon their release.
AddressBhakti-lata devi dasiDirector of IPM / Volunteer CoordinatorP.O. Box 2676Alachua, FL 32616,
Phone: 386-418-3828 Email-Id: IskconPrisonMinistry@gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org